Who Should I Call for a Sewer Line Problem?

If you are on a city sewer system, you pay for your waste treatment service and expect them to handle any issues that occur. Waste from your home is whisked away through the municipal sewer system and brought to a treatment plant, a much easier process for a homeowner than a septic system. However, first it must get from your home to the main city sewer line. When you have sewer backup or a broken sewer pipe, you may wonder who to call, a sewer professional or your sewer utility provider.

Home Sewer Line Repairs

In most situations, the city sewer service only covers the main sewer line, not the connecting pipes that go into your home. This means any sewer pipes between the connection to the main line and your home are your responsibility. If your sewer line breaks and is leaking into your yard, you will need to have it repaired. The same is true if a clog in your private sewer line is backing up sewage into your home. These pipes, like the ones in your home, are owned by you and are not considered part of the city sewer service.

Call a Sewer Service Pro

If you are having a sewer line problem, call a sewer service professional. While a plumber can fix pipes in your home, you want a company that handles sewer or septic repairs. A quick inspection can determine where the problem is and what needs to be done to fix the problem. A professional can also determine if a problem is coming from the main city sewer line and help you alert the utility company to have it fixed.

Posted on behalf of:
Seagraves Plumbing Sewer & Septic
4980 Plant Atkinson Rd SE
Smyrna, GA 30080
(494) 792-2221

Comments are closed.